Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Why Blog?

Never have I understood the purpose of blogging, but I was inspired today by my daughter-in-law.  Facebook is just that, a facade.  Some people spill their gutts there, but others just complain about those who do.  So, it remains a glimpse at the perfect side of your life.  I've used it primarily for the photo storage of the youth group I lead which I suppose is the perfect side of my life.

Many youth leader peers have helped guide my trek through their blogs, and I suppose this too will be a youth leader blog.  However, another inspiration is fueling the creation of 'Why Do Church?'  It is just that question.  I've intentionally chosen the Parthenon in Athens because it is in ruins, but still revered as ideal.

This will be something like Apologetics in that I will attempt to define daily why I have devoted my life to the Church.  In this definition, Church is the body of Christ.  This is what I will explore in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment